If you or someone you know has been feeling moody, tired, depressed, anxious, the autumn blahs or winter blues, you or they could be experiencing SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). SAD is a type of anxiety, sadness or depression that occurs at the same time of the year on a recurring basis. Symptoms often begin in the fall as the daylight hours shorten (often in October or November) and continue into the winter months (ending in January or February). Less frequently, SAD can be experienced by some in the spring with the lengthening of daylight hours (around April) and continues through the summer. [Read more…] about ‘Tis The Season For SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
Whether you want to transform your Business or Shift Your Life, Health, Relationships, “The Shift Doctors” can assist with Giving You the Keys to Shift Your Life®!
1. Our latest book for Entrepreneurs is Entrepreneurial Alignment: How to Overcome Self-Sabotage in Business. If you opt into our website on our home page, you can get the introduction “Shift Beyond the Guru” and first chapter “1st Business Shift: How We Define Our Self and Our Core Values”. This book is a psychological primer for entrepreneurs who have either studied entrepreneurship, spent thousands of dollars on courses from business gurus, or read many business books and yet still struggle to achieve success or feel stuck. Doctors Ross and Latz give you insightful information to help you understand why you have failed and how you may have inadvertently created your own worst business nightmare. The authors openly discuss the art of psychological self-sabotage and then give readers specific tools, techniques, and mindful exercises to assist with removing the roadblocks on your path to success. This book is available in paperback and in Kindle edition. Have a Look Inside the Book by clicking here.
2. Our best-selling books SHIFT: 12 Keys to Shift Your Life and Shift: A Woman’s Guide to Transformation are available in hardcover (12 keys book only), paperback and kindle. The original Shift book gives powerful insight into the 10 core issues that create distress and a sense of lack and futility in our lives, our bodies and our relationships. The 12 Keys are given to assist with transforming feelings of unworthiness, guilt, shame, anger, fear of the unknown, powerlessness, heartbreak, loss and lack of self-love via rapid, easy-to-use tools that include qigong, EFT (with specific tapping protocols), and powerfully transforming meditations. The original book also contains metaphysical meditations and tools based on the ancient wisdom of use of vibration, color and sound specific to each issue addressed in the book to rebalance energy centers and chakras in the body. The woman’s guide book is a no-nonsense book that puts important points in bold print and does NOT include any of the chakra meditations and does not include the metaphysical use of color, sound, toning for healing purpose. You can have a look inside the 12 Keys book by clicking here.
3. We have our Shift Your Life® Guided Meditations from our books on CDs and in downloads on Amazon as well as on iTunes. You can hear samples of these by clicking here.
4. We also have Instructional DVDs for the more serious seeker that address more intensive use of vibrational medicine healing modalities, metaphysical discussions, how-to videos and other tools. You can browse through the selections by clicking here.
5. Lastly, if you learn better in Live Classes and Seminars, you can find out where we are teaching next by clicking here; or you can contact us at info@ShiftYourLife.com to arrange a class or seminar near you at your facility or for your group, business or conference.
It would be our great joy to assist with your transformation.
We wish you well in your inner and outer journey!
Tracy & Marion (“The Shift Doctors” a.k.a. Tracy Latz, M.D.,M.S., & Marion Ross, Ph.D.,Mh.D.)
**The Shift Doctors (Tracy Latz, M.D. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.) are available for keynote talks, classes, events or for seminars (1/2 day or up to 2 day) on personal transformation, team-building, motivation, anger management, intuitive development, or collaboration for private groups, conferences, corporations or corporate events. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more about them at www.shiftyourlife.com and more about their multidimensional tools at www.multidimensionalhealingcenter.com
The Shift Doctors’ good friend and colleague Melanie Smith is co-owner of Well Within Natural Medicine, Inc., Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture Physician, Eden Energy Medicine Advanced Practitioner and Senior Faculty Member of Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine Certification Program. Well Within Natural Medicine, Inc.’s overall mission is to “TRANSFORM LIVES THROUGH ENERGY MEDICINE.” For more information about Melanie or to order items from her Energy Medicine Store, check out her website. In this article, Melanie shares information about Adrenal Fatigue. Click here to visit Well Within Natural Medicine, Inc
Adrenal Fatigue by Melanie Smith, O.M.D.
Adrenal fatigue happens when the adrenal glands wear out due to continual production of the stress hormone cortisol affecting the thyroid gland and thus creating many other hormone imbalances.
The inner medulla triggers the instinctual fight or flight response which then secretes adrenaline hormones that increase blood sugar levels, blood pressure and heart rate in response to stress. Over time chronic elevated stress levels can lead to weight gain, decreased resistance to infections, fatigue, muscle aches and low blood sugar.
During menopause, for women the workload of the adrenals increases as these glands become the primary source for creating estrogen and other sex hormones.
What are the Adrenal Glands?
The adrenal glands are the workhorse of the body driving the endocrine system. They regulate the body’s response to stress and are made of two separate organs combined into one location – the outer portion called the adrenal cortex and the inner portion called the adrenal medulla.
The adrenal cortex serves primarily a hormonal function – including regulation of mineral metabolism (sodium, potassium, chloride), water balance, metabolism (utilization and distribution of protein, carbohydrates, and fat), allergic and immune reactions (autoimmune diseases, hypersensitivity, and allergies,), and production of the male and female hormones (progesterone, testosterone, estrogens, DHEA, etc.).
The cortex also secretes corticosteroids in response to stress. These hormones help us to cope with long-term stressors by converting protein to energy. Long after the fight or flight response mechanism subsides, the energy still remains available.
The upside is that adrenal dysfunction can be healed. Creating a healthy endocrine system that continues to balance your hormones and incorporating stress reduction techniques will slow the aging process and keep you vibrant and healthy as you age. [Read more…] about Energy Medicine Tips For Adrenal Fatigue
Dr. Tracy Latz, M.D., M.S. is a respected, board-certified, practicing integrative psychiatrist who has worked in the past “in the trenches” in a regional state psychiatric hospital and in local county mental health center systems in North Carolina as well as in community hospital settings. She has done both inpatient and outpatient work with the seriously mentally ill. Dr. Latz received her bachelor degree in Biology from Wake Forest University, a masters degree in Immunobiology from Georgetown University, and her medical degree from Wake Forest University Medical School/Bowman Gray School of Medicine. She is now in solo private integrative psychiatric practice in a suburb of Charlotte, NC in Mooresville, NC. She has written a landmark article on PTSD/Dissociative Disorders in a peer-reviewed journal, co-authored 2 books on personal transformation, recorded 2 meditation CDs to assist others with creating inner peace, filmed self-help integrative medicine videos, and has contributed to or been interviewed by many mainstream media outlets including CNN, Good Housekeeping, SELF, Glamour, AOL Health, Woman’s Day, Fitness, Whole Living, and Health – to name a few. You can find out more about Dr. Latz at www.shiftyourlife.com
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that can affect anyone who has experienced a trauma that is outside of a person’s usual life experience. In order to develop PTSD, a traumatic event must be experienced by you first-hand or the traumatic event may have involved another person that is witnessed by you. During this type of traumatic event, you think that your life or others’ lives are in danger. You may feel intensely afraid or feel that you have no control over what is happening around you or to you.
Events that may induce PTSD in some people include: combat or military exposure, child sexual or physical abuse, terrorist attacks, physical or sexual assault, serious industrial or motor vehicle accidents, or natural disasters, such as a fire, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, hurricane, flood, mudslide or earthquake. After the event, you may feel frightened, confused, or angry. If these feelings don’t go away or worsen over time, you may have PTSD. These symptoms may begin to disrupt your [Read more…] about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: What Is It & What Can Be Done About It?
The Shift Doctors’ good friend and colleague Melanie Smith is co-owner of Well Within Natural Medicine, Inc., Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture Physician, Eden Energy Medicine Advanced Practitioner and Senior Faculty Member of Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine Certification Program. Well Within Natural Medicine, Inc.’s overall mission is to “TRANSFORM LIVES THROUGH ENERGY MEDICINE.” For more information about Melanie or to order items from her Energy Medicine Store, check out her website. In this article, Melanie shares information about menopause and energy medicine tips to rebalance the energies. Click here to visit Well Within Natural Medicine, Inc
A Healthy Look at Menopause? by Melanie Smith, O.M.D.
For many, menopause is looked at as a curse rather than a blessing.
This is understandable since we are bombarded with so much information about the negative impact of menopause. What we commonly hear about are the symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, mood swings, memory loss, depression and anxiety. While I don’t want to minimize the impact of those symptoms, it is important to recognize the whole picture. For example:
Women may find themselves reviewing and reflecting on their lives during this time. We may recognize unfinished business. We may resist taking care of the unfinished business, but the energy of menopause will continue to press on us until it is addressed. The relief of taking care of this [Read more…] about Energy Medicine Quick Tips for Menopause
Join The Shift Doctors (Tracy Latz, M.D. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.) as they reveal for the first time to the general public how they transform the second greatest fear of all people– The Fear of Public Speaking. Have fun and watch as their (and your own) discomfort at the thought of getting up to speak in front of a large group diminishes!
It just might Shift Your Life as you have a few laughs along the way. 🙂
The Shift Doctors (Tracy Latz, M.D. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.) demonstrate how to use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to transform the fear of public speaking. EFT is a tool invented by Gary Craig that is used in energy psychology to rapidly transform various types of physical, emotional or thought distress. This serves as a companion video guide to the books “Shift: A Woman’s Guide to Transformation” & “SHIFT: 12 Keys to Shift Your Life” by Tracy Latz, M.D., M.S. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.
-For more videos or information on The Shift Doctors and their seminars/books/CDs, check out their website at www.shiftyourlife.com
Loads of Light to you all…. and Happy Tapping & Shifting! 🙂
Tracy & Marion
**The Shift Doctors (Tracy Latz, M.D. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.) are available for keynote talks, classes, events or for seminars (1/2 day or up to 2 day) on personal transformation, team-building, motivation, anger management, intuitive development, or collaboration for private groups, conferences, corporations or corporate events. Contact them at email@example.com or find out more about them at www.shiftyourlife.com .