Today’s guest blogger Lynn Serafinn is a transformation coach, book promotion coach, author, book campaign manager, teacher/trainer, radio host and inspirational speaker. Lynn’s spiritual journey started in childhood, which later led her to the study and practice of the ancient Vedic tradition, via an intimate connection with an Indian temple for more than 20 years. Her book The Garden of the Soul: lessons from four flowers that unearth the Self, a poetic and metaphoric journey of personal transformation, was a bestseller in spirituality and mind-body-spirit. She is hosting a Free 3-Day Teleseminar this week “The Shift. The Message. The Transformation.“ Find out more about Lynn at http://spiritauthors.com/contact
Ending Times or Just the Beginning? Thoughts on 2012 by Lynn Serafinn
Throughout history there have been many prophecies about the “ending” times. I remember doing a history report when I was a teenager on the so-called “dark ages”, and I read about the apocalyptic panic that swept through parts of Europe as the calendar approached the “doomsday” date of January 1, 1000. While this might seem silly to some of us today, ironically, only a few years ago, millions of people were gripped by fear over the predicted “Y2K” catastrophe, or the “millennium bug”, which was supposed to wipe out global communications and commerce virtually overnight. I personally knew many people who were stock-piling food (and even weapons!), in anticipation of wide-spread civil war in the last few years of the 20th century.
Have a look for yourself. Google the term “end of the world predictions throughout history” and see how many amusing articles you will find on “failed” predictions, and how many times the world simply didn’t end.
Given all that experience, you would think our society would have given up on “end of the world as we know it” predictions, and take faith that, while the world is constantly in a state of flux and change, life moves onward regardless.
So why is it that nowadays people are getting all hyped up about the “2012” phenomenon?
By now, most of you know that the year 2012 (more specifically, the date of December 21, 2012) is the end of the Mayan calendar. Predictions of what might happen have been appearing in the media at both extremes of the spectrum, from catastrophic polar shifts to spontaneous ascension to a higher dimension. And amidst these extremes, my guess is there is a vast silent majority of people who believe December 21, 2012 will be a day just like any other and that life will simply move on as usual.
Personally, I do believe 2012 will be a year of change, but I believe this change will be a subtle conglomerate of all three of the above outlooks.
- While I do not particularly think the Earth will roll over on its axis, I do see unnatural shifts in the environment occurring around us, and humankind seems to have had a hand in much of it. But then, amidst this environmental imbalance, I also see thousands of grass-roots movements on the planet cropping up, who hold the core belief that we humans must re-establish our emotional and spiritual connection with our planet.
- I see our economies collapsing, and again it is largely the result of our own miscalculations and anxieties. But again, amidst this collapse, I see people becoming immensely creative in developing new economic paradigms that will change our world significantly in the coming generations.
- And amidst all this environmental and economic upheaval, I also see a greater percentage of the population becoming disheartened with the “old way” of leading their lives, and seeking pathways to a higher Self and more integrated way of being. In the workshops I have delivered over the past year, I see people going further and reaching higher levels more quickly than in the past. Whether this is “cosmological” or a purely social phenomenon doesn’t really matter. The fact is, more and more people are becoming interested in raising their own consciousness and cultivating their own personal spirituality.
I don’t believe the “end” is coming, but the world IS changing; and we are part of that great and wonderful change.
So what really lies ahead?
One of my spiritual author clients, Ms E.Dee Conrad, addresses this very question in her upcoming book A New Dawn Awaits, which is coming to Amazon on Tuesday September 21st. To celebrate the launch of her book, E.Dee and I thought the topic was so compelling that we have coordinated a very special 3-day FREE online event with a great line-up of guest speakers including The Shift Doctors (Tracy Latz, M.D. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.). We would love for you to attend.
Tues Sept 14, Wed Sept 15 and Thurs Sept 16
9am – 10.30am PDT
12pm – 1.30pm EDT
5pm – 6.30pm UK
Register FREE at http://virtualspiritualevents.com/
Over these 3 days, you will hear from 10 of today’s leading authors and speakers on the subject of consciousness and the great “SHIFT” that is taking place on our planet today. Our guests include:
- Hunt Henion, author of four books, including the bestseller, Looking, Seeing & Knowing
- Bill Douglas, Tai Chi master and author of 2012 The Awakening
- Christian Kyriacou, Energy Healer, Ki Architect and House Whisperer
- Tambra Harck, spiritual teacher, radio host and author of the book Sacred Truths
- Jeff Fasano, photographer, author, angelic channeler
- Alan Seale, award-winning author, and leadership/transformation coach
- Marion Ross and Tracy Latz, co-authors of the bestselling books SHIFT: A Woman’s Guide to Transformation and SHIFT: 12 Keys to Shift Your Life.
- And of course, E.Dee and I will be co-hosting the discussion and offering our own thoughts and insights.
This telesummit is absolutely free. You can listen either via telephone or via webcast. And if you cannot make the live event, register anyway, because you can download the audio anytime up to 30 days after the event.
Again, to reserve your place, just go to http://virtualspiritualevents.com/. You can even send in a question you would like to ask the panel.
ALSO, at the telesummit, E.Dee and I will be telling you how you can receive a complete library of 30 personal development gifts when you purchase her inspiring new book A New Dawn Awaits on September 21st, including a free chapter of the book Shift: A Woman’s Guide to Transformation from Marion Ross and Tracy Latz, which can help you make your own “shift” in your own life.
I do hope you will join us on Sept 14, 15 and 16 for “The Shift. The Message. The Transformation.”
As E.Dee says in her book: “The end is not near, but the future is.”
Lynn Serafinn (Spirit Authors Coach) with The Shift Doctors (Tracy Latz, M.D. & Marion Ross, Ph.D.)
For more information about E.Dee and her book,
A New Dawn Awaits,